Sunday, March 2, 2008

DAMN...OUT OF COMMISSION FOR A BIT!


I'm struggling here people!!

Before I left for Vegas, I had some signal output problems with one 1200. Seemingly the white end of the RCA's was shot...or possible tone arm contacts were worn and old. And of course, I've already put a new tone arm on one of my decks about a yr ago...and can't remember which one it is! I left it with Boogz, who is a lil more technical and mechanical than I, and it just seemed too "dangerous" to fuck with. So upon my return, I got it over to High Tech Electronics, and it's still there.

THEN...AS DUMB LUCK WOULD HAVE IT!
I had a gig the night I returned from my Vegas trip, and as I was breaking down the studio to pack my mixer...I accidentally ripped the grounding fork right off the other turntable! Not that this damage is in need of major repair, I believe it is something I can do myself...but nonetheless...PAIN IN THE ASS.

So I'm a DJ. Down not one, but TWO turntables...but a fully functional mixer! WTF!!
Luckily Boogz has had my back for the last few gigs supplying his 1200's as back up. But if we have to be at two places at the same time...I'll probably be calling you to borrow whatever piece of shit turntable your mom and pop still have running in the living room.

No comments: