Monday, January 7, 2008

RO-GER...RO-GER

This Roger Clemens shit is NUTS to me. I don't know what I believe. Oh! Just to mention...I may be using this space to relate to ya'll on a music tip...but I am a HUGE sports fan. Always have been...always will be. Born and raised near Boston has meant that it is important that I follow. I do.

The 60 minutes interview with Old Man Wallace was yesterday...and his press conference today, leave me wondering what to believe. At first, after learning his name was on the Mitchell report, I had already assumed all the names on the list were guilty. Knowing that people like Brian McNamee would find themselves in jail for lying...made it hard to put the accused in a favorable light. I thought Clemens was toast. Notice too, that he seems to be the only one fighting back. Everyone else has fallen into the night, either accepting the fact they got caught...or....accepting the fact they got caught!! Shit...there is lil left to figure out there. If it was me, and I was innocent...I fight back. Point blank.

So, either Clemens is telling the truth, and all the nay-sayers will end up opening wide to insert both feet into their mouths. OR...he is bullshitting us all. Purely banking on us (the general public) never finding out any real truth. I figure...a positive drug test, pictures of a needle hanging out of his ass...and some video or audio that captures an overt appearance of guilt will seal Clemens' fate. Outside of those three things...what else? Really nothing. Which means dude can fight this hard...HARD...and its he-say vs. he-say.

The 15 minute phone call recorded between Brian and Roger was NUTS. It didn't put Brian in any positive light. Why didn't, when Clemens said he was telling the truth, was looking for the truth, was further highlighting he didn't use drugs...didn't MacNamee say something?? I would have been like...

Shyne as McNamee: "Dude! Are you SHITTING me? I injected a 2 inch needle in your ass LOADED with the juice. I feel bad for you, your family, and for acting
deceitful...but it was either jail, or the truth...and you and I both know
the truth."

Clemens: "The truth....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Sorry, I seemed to have got caught up there...the response may not have gone down exactly that way, but that's how I would have kicked it to him. It seems like Clemens truly furthered McNamee's career...and I too would be loyal. But I am not placing my tender, white ass on a silver platter for all the jail birds to do with what they desire...I'm saving myself first and foremost. 

I think that disagrees with Cam'ron's school of thought on his 60 minute interview about not snitching. Which by the way...set Hip Hop back about 20 years.

Ah shit...I'm tired...and want to see what happens with the lawsuit. SportsCenter just ran the stats on a public poll that 2/3 of people still believe McNamee.

What the fuck do polls know?

ONE

No comments: